Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Theater Camp!

I've been super busy during spring break. Busier than I've been in a long time. I have been participating in a Theater Camp that goes from 9am to 3:30pm. After that I've been pretty worn out. On Monday and Wednesday it's Singing, Modern Dance, and Tap in the morning, with rehearsals for a 1 act play in the afternoon. Tuesday and Thursday are Vocal Training (though it's no different from the normal singing class), Acting, and Jazz Dance. I like the singing teacher. The dance teacher (modern and jazz) is pretty nice (and he looks like Joe Jonas), but on Monday and Tuesday we did an hour of crazy pilates stuff and my back and knees hurt a lot. I guess that's a sign I need to get in shape, although I'm already sort of in shape. Tap was easy enough. I was thankful that I've been taking Broadway dance lessons since January or else I'd have been completely lost. The acting teacher likes to play lots of games.
Our 1 act play is "The Legend of Lightning Larry". I got the absolute most important part. Citizen 3. It is somewhat harder than it seems. I have one line where I NEED to get the timing right or else the whole show would fall apart.
After the camp is over for the day, we rush off to pick other family members up from their activities. We didn't get home until almost 7 today. We needed to pick Hannah and Chandler up from their art class, then because traffic was so bad we hung out at a McDonald's play place for 1/2 an hour. Then it was off to Hannah's ballet class. During that we went to Walmart where our purchases included shoes, a green ball, and the first 4 Harry Potter movies (because our copies are incredibly scratched from over-use, and they only show them on ABC Family every other weekend). After picking Hannah up, we drove off into the sunset towards home, then turned right around because we realized that we were out of rice and the commissary was closing in 20 minutes, and our dinner of stir-fry was already on its way to being prepared by Alina and dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment