Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Movie Review: Tangled

Since we came into possession of Tangled 2 days ago, we have watched it no less that 10 times. We had purchased a copy from Sam's Club 2 days after it came out, but it was more expensive than on Amazon, so we ordered it. Then on Sunday a friend lent us a bunch of movies, including Tangled. That is the copy that has been sitting in our DVD player. Yesterday our Amazon copy came, so now we can return our other copies.
Anyway, I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As I type the opening song "When Will My Life Begin" is just finishing up.
(It has been about 3 hours since I wrote the first paragraph, and we have watched it 1 1/2 more times!)
I love fairy tales so much! I grew up reading the Paul O Zelinsky picture book. I remember whenever we went to the library, I would almost always look for either a fairy tale book, or an American Girl book. I adored this book. My favorite fairy tales were Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty, and Beauty and the Beast. The 2 latter ones had already been made into Disney movies that were and still are my favorites. I waited and waited for Rapunzel to be made into a Disney movie, but it never happened. I enjoyed Barbie as Rapunzel, which got me briefly addicted to the Barbie movies, but that went away after a while (THANK GOODNESS!!!)
Finally I was Wikipediaing and I saw that Disney was making a movie about Rapunzel. I was so excited! They were originally going to cast Kristin Chenoweth as Rapunzel, Dan Folger as Flynn (then named Bastion), and Grey DeLisle as Mother Gothel. I love Kristin Chenoweth, so when I found out that she was going to be replaced by Mandy Moore, I was sad, but she turned out really well. 
Now on to my review! I loved the whole backstory. It doesn't explain why she's named after a plant, though. I loved ALL the characters. There wasn't one I didn't like. I especially like the Snuggly Ducking scene. I also thought the way the hair worked was cool. I know I cried several times the first time I watched it. I didn't want Flynn/Eugene to die, and I almost didn't want Mother Gothel to die, plus I had learned to love her hair, so it was very sadish when it was all cut off. I wish he hadn't cut as much hair off. Then she could've looked like her mom! 
I know basically all of this gives away the ending, but no one should really be reading this anyway!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment