Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Family History

I have been avoiding this blog. I have become absorbed in my family history. I have been trapped in the middle of a giant pedigree chart with no less than 400 people, and I've only scratched the tops of 3 out of 8 of my great grandparents heads. The rest have yet to be discovered. I've been able to go all the way back to 1444.

I have lots of ancestors from England, Scotland, Wales, and Germany. Many of them came to America, and an alarming amount of them headed of to Utah.

Polygamy irritates me, though. Whenever I see that someone had more than one wife, I become quite annoyed. The reasons why?
  • First, because that means I'm technically not directly related to them, but then when I'm about to ignore them, I get a feeling to do some digging, and the people I discover are amazing. (which I guess isn't really bad)
  • Second, the program I'm using for my pedigree chart doesn't like polygamy either, because whenever I click "add another partner", it hides the rest of the tree, and when I go back to the first tree, it hides the wife and all her family.
  • Third, I don't believe in polygamy at all. End of story.
Some of the wonderful people I have discover are William Hayward, Jane Rio Griffiths, Elizabeth Baum, and many others. (and this is only from 1 of the 8 heads I was talking about earlier; I have yet to learn the stories of my other ancestors)

I still haven't quite decided what I'll do for my next YW project. I've started some things like typing up my journal, but now after discovering all these people I want to learn more about them, and then I could make that my project. EURGH! Thinking about this is bothering me. I'll just keep praying about it.

I'll continue digging deeper into my history, but this pedigree chart could easily fill up all my time throughout the year, leaving me no time for anything else of importance.

No comments:

Post a Comment