So, my family tree is huge, and continually growing. I just counted, and it has 695 people on it going all the way back to 250!!!
And I still only have my mom's side! Hopefully I'll start getting information about my dad's side soon! Since that side isn't all Super Crazy Mormon with a billion descendants to do the genealogy, it probably won't go back quite as far.
I've discovered so many great people including Kings and Queens, Dukes and Counts, Emperors and Barons, as well as so many other people who were just as amazing, just without a cool title to stick in front of their name. I have lots of ancestors from England, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, and Scotland. I wish I had known all of these people back when I lived in Europe so I could've searched for them. I have BEEN on the outside of Westminster Abbey, where several ancestors have been buried! It's almost addicting doing this.
And I still have so much left on my mom's side it isn't even funny. What I've been doing is going on the female side, so I'll always add the wife's parents before the husband's, seeing how far back I can go on just the females, whose records sometimes seem to have been not as well kept. This means that I still have all these men who don't have their parents saved on my tree, even though the databases I'm using show they have parents. I'm sure this doesn't make sense to anyone.
Anyway...................................
I think I am very blessed to have royalty in my family history, because it does mean their records were well kept, as apposed to peasants who didn't have all their genealogy kept for them.
My most recent finding is the Tilley Family (Unrelated in every way to royalty (so far)). My 13th great grandmother was Elizabeth Tilley. Her parents were John Tilley and Joan Hurst. Apparently she had several older sibling who decided to stay in England. When she was 13 she and her parents left on the Mayflower for America. Accompanying them were her Aunt Ann Cooper and Uncle Edward Tilley. The winter after they arrived, her parents, as well as her aunt and uncle died, leaving her an orphan. She was taken in by John Carver, who died that spring. She got married when she was 15 to 21 year old John Howland who was a servant of John Carver, and shortly afterward she had a daughter named Desire.
All the John's mentioned above are known for signing the Mayflower Compact.
This is also counting as my history homework (YAY!)

No comments:
Post a Comment